|A short, colorful documentary about a girl who is stronger than her father.
Chanaika, a 11-year-old girl living in Rotterdam, couldn’t take her father’s physical abuse towards her mother any longer and finally summoned the power to kick her father out of the house. Despite her traumatic experience, Chanaika holds onto her ultimate dream: to dance in front of a crowd of a million people during the Summer carnival in Rotterdam. This summer her dreams will come true.
• Official selection International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam 2007
• Official selection Cinekid 2007
• Official selection International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR) 2008
• Winner audience award NFTVM FRESH 2008
• 1st place category Documentary California Online Film Festival.
Made possible with the support of the Dutch Media Fund and the Rotterdam Film Fund.